If you follow the logic, you have to conclude that we are actually just a sophisticated simulation by a more advanced society.
1) We are not the only life in the universe.
2) We are not the most sophisticated civilization in the universe.
3) Given that a more sophisticated civilization than ours doesn't destroy itself (as we are poised to do),
4) Then, we have to assume that a more advanced civilization can run an advanced simulation.
5) Thus, the chances are that we are actually just a simulation by a more advanced civilization.
So if life's problems get you down, just remind yourself that you are just some junior high kid's science fair project and don't take it too seriously.